YCW hits it off in Madison, WI
Youth Cricket of Wisconsin (YCW) is conducting youth cricket coaching in Madison area. The journey is evolving with 5 interested families looking to formalize their cricket coaching for the next generation.
YCW is a non-profit organization started with an idea to give back to the community through youth sport. It was started in Milwaukee area in 2019 with 6 kids, they now have have 40+ athletes backed by team of active parents involved from day to day operations, to identify and drive all current and new initiatives. The website below has more details. (https://www.youthcricketwi.org)
Kashyap, the head certified coach and founder of YCW, has agreed to extend YCW initiatives in Madison area. Thanks to Pavi and Aslam from Madison Cricket Club, we have Reindahl Park (https://goo.gl/maps/J4oh6sXzfYuXrqJGA ) available to us for Monday evening. The spring program spread locally via word of mouth. With girls and boys ages 6+ showing their interest in cricket.
The summer program is underway. With dedicated coach for 8 and under, there is plenty of attention provided to each individual for their growth. The coaching ranges from cardio, flexibility, fitness and cricket skills. The goal for is to create a better athlete with cricketing skills. The competition is to be a "better version of yourself" through each session. Drills and exercises are developed to meet the needs of the participants. The drills and exercises are developed via a collaboration of national and international coaches from all over the world that share their knowledge.
Monday: 5:55pm – 7:45pm
Location: Reindahl Park, Madison ((https://goo.gl/maps/J4oh6sXzfYuXrqJGA)
Items to complete before the first session
· Everyone needs to complete and sign the YCW Participant Waivers form. Please complete and email if you joined recently. Please bring hard copy of first session.
· Payment information for the sessions and T-shirt. Paypal / CashApp # 262 394 6867
Items of note from the coach:
· Kids and Parent Commitment is expected.
· To begin with, we will continue these sessions on Monday.
· We will get subsidized shirts for the participants and parents. Cost is $20 each. Sizes in chart below. Please ensure sheet is correct. You can order as many as you like. Uniformity brings belonging and identity for cricket.
· Equipment - personal equipment helps focus on individual growth, prevention of spread of germs/allergies. For immersion level, correct size bat is required. For Nxlevel and above, full kit is required.
· Volunteers, please invest the time to get trained so that we have homogenized approach to the cricket experience for the kids. This requires your time donation. I will tell you from experience that the most satisfying feeling for me.
Our goal is to grow the program by engaging local youth at 6+ age groups. As the skill level of the individual increases, we would like to promote the local talent statewide and nationally through participation in tournaments and events.